Building Your Mobile App for Joomla Just Got Easier!
Today we’re really excited to introduce something we’ve been designing for a few months now: major improvements to the user interface for the Weever Apps app builder for Joomla 1.5 and 2.5. Building an app for your website just keeps getting easier and easier!
Like all visual improvements, it’s better seen then read about. See the video below, or, download it and give it a try!
Go fullscreen on the video for best experience. Release notes and announcement of upcoming features are below!
Release Notes for 1.7
The new UI is in! Also:
- various bugfixes with templates
- under-the-hood code overhaul to prep for a deluge of new features
- fix for plugin directory errors on Joomla 2.5.4 and up (Joomla fixed a longstanding “bug” that developers like us thought was a feature…)
- Icons will update in the app, but will not persist in the app builder UI
- “upgrade” text is missing from Wufoo for those who are on the free app version (still won’t work on your app until you upgrade though)
Special thanks: The release of 1.7 includes GPL open source code, SwipeJS, authored Brad Birdsall, allowing us to do nifty page animations.
We’re very pleased to announce the following features are currently in testing and scheduled for release in the coming weeks:
- Support for EasyBlog 3.5+
- Support for Virtuemart 1.x
- Joomla user system/ACL/login support
- New Third-Party integrations: Google Plus, Tumblr, Sound Cloud, BandCamp, PayPal, EventBrite, and more.
- Support for multiple apps from one Joomla site (useful for campaigns, different language apps)