The CODE Expenses app makes it easy for busy superintendents to snap-and-save your expense receipts while on the run.
Get started now! Register your free forever, completely private account at
How to register
CODE Expenses is a private app for OCSOA and OPSOA members.
To register, simply click on the “Register” link, select your permissions level and enter your information. You will receive an email once your account has been activated.
Once you receive a confirmation email, click “Login” on the homescreen to access your account.
Adding an expense
- Navigate to the “Expenses” section by tapping the menu button and selecting “Expenses”.
- Tap “+” (Add new expense) button to reveal expense form.
- Add Expense Type, purpose and date (mandatory fields). – Note: you can keep track of both reimbursable and unreimbursable expenses.
- Add photo of receipt (You can add multiple photos if it’s a long receipt).
- Add Vendor and expense totals (including HST).
- Add any additional information you would like to add.
- Tap “Submit” and the expense is added to your expenses list.
You, or your admin assistant, can view all of your expenses in the data table provided in the app. Sort, search and date filter. To add your expenses to your board’s unique expense report form, we recommend the following approach:
- Expand the date filter. (Note: default is to show last month from current date.)
- Search for expenses that are “Open”. These expenses have not been closed by you.
- Download a spreadsheet by clicking “Download All” (Or simply copy and paste from the data table).
- Copy and Paste expense information into your board’s expenses report form.
- Print your expense to attach to your report. (Note: You can also save the expense as a PDF to save paper.)
- Close the expense. This marks the expense as closed for future consideration.
Additional Meals Information
Some boards provide a standard amount for meals. In this case, you can simply check off the meal type and you are done, no receipt required.
Additional Travel Information
Some boards request more information for travel expenses, such as Transportation Type and proof of KMs travelled. To add proof, simply take a screen capture of a google map that shows the KM’s from one school to another. Then add the screen capture as a photo.