CO-OP Power BI
We are looking for a self-motivated team player who will be responsible for creating beautiful Power BI reports created from client data. This will allow our clients to easily visualize insights into their business in real time. In this role you will be performing advanced data analysis, supporting our team by building new visualizations & dashboards, updating existing reports, and supporting the day to day business with data inquiries. Specific duties will require the applicant to have a strong background using Microsoft Power BI.
- Developing visual Power BI reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards for existing and prospective clients, as well as internal stakeholders
- Transforming large datasets into usable tables for reporting
- Working directly with both internal and client stakeholders to define, analyze, document and implement BI and visualization solutions.
- Managing ad hoc data analysis and reporting requests
- Assisting with customer support related to data integrity and data validation
- Working with the Customer Success Team to identify, prioritize, and resolve client issues
Experience & Qualifications
- You have a deep working knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (Power BI)
- You have a good understanding of data relationships
- You have strong analysis and design skills and you know how to leverage them to build engaging and intuitive reports
- You demonstrate an aptitude for critical thinking and analytical problem solving
- You have a high proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- You must have design experience in order to build beautiful reports
- You have experience with data connectors such as OData
- You have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
Please apply for this position if this describes you:
- You have an exceptional service orientation, are responsive and you love solving client problems
- You have exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and have a demonstrated ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are results-oriented and get satisfaction from completing your tasks with the highest quality and on time.
- You thrive in a multi-tasking environment and are exceptionally organized and able to manage your time and priorities
- You are self-motivated
- You have strong attention to detail and are able to parse large volumes of data to identify errors or discrepancies
- You can create logical and easy to follow documentation of systems and processes.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Experience with other Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Experience in database administration and maintenance
Job Type: CO-OP 8 months or 1 year
Benefits of Working at Weever
We prioritize our teams first. A great team is given the autonomy and support to execute the plan and do their best work. We trust our teams.
In order to support you we offer:
- A remote-friendly culture: communication is key and we have several team members that are working remotely with us full and part time.
- Insurance: For our Canadian employees we have a good benefits package offering dental, drugs, and other kinds of coverage.
- Vacations: Our team members must take them.
- Interesting Problems: Not all of the problems we encounter have frameworks or well-defined solutions.
Our hiring process consists of these steps:
We start with an initial call in order to answer any initial questions you may have about us and to discuss your experience.
Then we will do a test of your Power BI knowledge.
Then have a final interview.
We're pretty quick to follow up, potentially with an offer, within a day or two of the final interview.
Of course we're trying our best to be as inclusive as we can be and we prefer candidates from all members of the community, including those from under-represented groups. We are a diverse group and we believe it gives us strength. If you have any requests or questions about our hiring practices we'd appreciate to hear from you. We are happy to do anything we can to accommodate the situations of our applicants. Please let us know if you have any special requirements to accommodate you in your application or employment with us.
How to Apply
We only accept applications from Canada for this position at this time.
We thank all that apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.