About Weever Apps
Weever Apps is a growing software company based in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. We build cloud-based software products that large enterprises use to capture data, manage workflows, and access actionable reports. We replace clipboards and filing cabinets with tablets and databases and provide alerts, analysis, and other features that make data useful.
Our customers include:
- General Electric
- … and more
We tackle big problems with a small, focused team and powerful technology.
Our Senior Developers are expected to work within an agile team of 3-4 developers, work with other teams to plan features, write clear documentation, and be able to communicate with non-technical folks to define features and requirements. For this position we’re keen on finding someone who is willing and able to grow into a team lead and take over the development of the API that drives our products.
Please apply to join our team if at least two of the following apply to you:
- You have excellent communication and soft skills
- You are passionate about the problems we’re facing and have ideas on
how to face them
can design software from specifications with minimal guidance
- You understand REST, HATEOS, OAuth2, 12FA and have experience deploying APIs
- You have experience with and are comfortable mentoring developers
Benefits of Working at Weever
We prioritize our teams first. A great team is given the autonomy and support to execute the plan and do their best work. We trust our teams.
In order to support you we offer:
- A remote-friendly culture: communication is key and we have several team members that are working remotely with us full and part time.
- Ownership: We’re small and focused and will need you to help us find the answers.
- Training: team members have access to a plethora of training materials, conferences, and we encourage pair-programming and mentorship.
- Insurance: For our Canadian employees we have a good benefits package offering dental, drugs, and other kinds of coverage.
- Vacations: Our team members must take them.
- Interesting Problems: Not all of the problems we encounter have frameworks or well-defined solutions.
Our hiring process consists of four steps:
- Use the below form to submit your resume, cover letter and a link to Github (or similar portfolio of your code) or send an email to jobs -at- weeverapps.com
- Initial call
- Technical Screen
- Final Interview
We start with an initial call in order to answer any initial questions you may have about us and to discuss your experience.
The technical screen can be completed either in-person or remotely at your leisure. We don’t want to take up much of your time! The in-person screen is prescriptive: write some code to make a suite of tests pass and should take less than an hour. The take-home is less prescriptive and designed to be a small, short project to be completed at your own pace within a few hours at most (or more if you need it, there are no hard limitations).
We use the results of the technical screen as a barometer for the final interview. We don’t do any whiteboarding or other hazing rituals in the final interview. We only use the technical screen to cater the technical depth that we can use in the final interview.
We’re pretty quick to follow up, potentially with an offer, within a day or two of the final interview.
Of course we’re trying our best to be as inclusive as we can be and we prefer candidates from all members of the community, including those from under-represented groups. We are a diverse group and we believe it gives us strength. If you have any requests or questions about our hiring practices we’d appreciate to hear from you. We are happy to do anything we can to accommodate the situations of our applicants. Please let us know if you have any special requirements to accommodate you in your application or employment with us.
How to Apply
Use the form below to send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please mention the job for which you are applying and where you found this posting or who referred you to us so we can thank them.