Forms Manager's Form Builder tool offers many useful fields for data capture. These fields are standard with the off-the-shelf product, however custom fields can be made to answer unique use cases.
STANDARD FORM FIELDS
- The Info Box allows users to add copy to forms and format that copy to make titles, lists, etc. You can also embed photos or publicly hosted videos in an Info Box.
Single line text & Paragraph Text
- The Single Line Text field is a free text field for small bits of information like names, locations, etc.
- The Paragraph Text field is a free text field that allows users to add large paragraphs to their submission.
- The Number field is for recording numbers (ie. PO numbers, dollars, etc.) It accepts decimals and hyphens, but no letters. It triggers the number keyboard on devices for quick entry.
- The Email field will only accept an email and triggers a specific keyboard for easy input.
- The Telephone field triggers a number only keyboard and does not allow users to toggle to the letter keyboard.
- The Dropdown field allows users to select a single option from a dropdown list.
- The Multiple Choice field allows users to select a single option from a list of visible options.
- The Checkbox field allows users to choose multiple options from a list of visible options.
Date / Time
- The Date / Time field allows users to choose a date and time, just a date, or just a time. You can also control if the default state is the current date or blank.
Submit a Photo
- The Submit a Photo field allows users on mobile devices to quickly take a photo and sketch on it to draw attention to specific parts of the photo. The photo and the sketch are included in the submission.
Submit a File
- The Submit a File field allows users to attach a file to a submission.
- The eSignature field allows you to collect users’ signatures in the submission.
- The Sketch field opens a window for users to draw in and includes the sketch in the submission.
- The Callout Box is used to display important information to the people completing the form.
- The Phone Button loads the phone app on a mobile device with a specific phone number ready to be called.
- The Email Button loads a blank email in the user’s email app with a specific email pre-populated in the To field.
Multiple Choice with Details
- The Multiple Choice with Details field allows administrators to collect more information (via a free text field) when a specific option is selected in the multiple choice.
Send email copy
- The Send Email Copy field allows the users that are completing the form to choose who in the system should receive a PDF copy of their submission. They can choose to receive a pdf copy of the submission in their email as well.
- The Conditional Email field looks like a regular Dropdown field except each option in the dropdown has a unique distribution list that is set up by administrators. The recipients receive a PDF copy of the submission in their email when their option is chosen in the submission.
- The Priority field allows you to determine the priority of a submission. This field is included in the In Progress table.
- The Summary Description is used to collect a summary of the issue being reported in the submission. This field is included in the In Progress table.
- The Unique ID field generates a unique ID for every form submission. Administrators can choose the prefix and the starting number. This field is hidden in the form, so users cannot see it when they are completing the form. This field is included in the In Progress table.
(These fields pull from tables within the app)
- The User Lookup field is an autocomplete field that allows the user submitting the form to quickly find a person’s name and add it. This field pulls from the User Management section of the app.
Line & Work Area
- The Line & Work Area field pulls data from the Line & Work Area section in the app. Any line & work areas that are published in the Line & Work Area page, will show as an option in this field. This field is included in the In Progress table.
- The Shift field pulls data from the Shift Management section in the app. Any shifts that are published in the Shift Management page, will show as an option in this field.
- The Reported By field is an autocomplete field that allows the user submitting the form to quickly find a person’s name and add it. This field pulls from the User Management section of the app and is helpful in cases where there is a shared login. This field is included in the In Progress table.
Interested in Forms Manager? Talk to our Business Solutions Team.