Interaction and Experience Designer ( UI / UX )
Are you a CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVER who embraces CHALLENGES?
Do you want to create modern product design and UI/UX solutions that will benefit thousands of people in real world situations?
Do you want to help shape a fast-growing company’s product design vision?
If you answered YES to these three questions, then we want you to join our Weever Apps team!
Located in the trendy Durand neighbourhood of downtown Hamilton,* Weever Apps is a well respected enterprise software firm that is exploding with new and exciting projects. Our office is awesome, our staff is dedicated, and our industry is limitless. We have an established list of high-end international clients, such as Xerox, Bell Canada, 3M, and GE.
We encourage new ideas and career development. We offer full benefits and competitive wages. We believe that our Weever Apps team is the best of the best, and we never let them forget it.
Check out our new downtown office location! https://goo.gl/maps/AVop6cwmfFv
At Weever Apps, we bring our clients’ operations into the digital age. We want to empower digital leaders in enterprise by delivering powerful and easy to use tools like Weever Apps’ form builder, training builder, and reporting dashboards.
Our responsive web apps are used “in the field” and “in the office” by staff, managers and administrators for all of their necessary day-to-day tasks such as safety inspections, tracking manufacturing issues, and performing short- and long-term training.
We believe software that requires training to use is failed software. Our clients value the simple and user-friendly experience we deliver, which is one of the reasons why we are a valued company in the enterprise software space.
The interaction and experience designer will play a key role in a small, agile product development team. This person will be a leader in the design and development of our responsive web application features, specifically responsible for elements of functional, UX and UI design related to the improvement of existing applications and the creation of new digital products.
- Work directly with our CXO and product team to shape ideas and create detailed wireframes and user experience patterns.
- Use design thinking and problem-solving strategies like “jobs to be done” to inform new product and engineering development.
- Create design guidelines and libraries for our products and work to ensure consistency of our preferred patterns and interface/solutions across our products and their implementation.
- Collaborate with and learn from sophisticated users and client-side product leaders. Organize and conduct testing sessions at home and in the field with real users. Reiterate designs and improve products based on results.
- Engage in rapid cycle of design and iteration in collaboration with software engineers, marketing, and other stakeholders.
We highly favour tenacity, interest, and collaborative ability. Requirements for the successful candidate include:
- Proven ability to use UI and UX design to solve complex usability challenges, including the creation of wireframe designs, interfaces and specs.
- Ability to start with big ideas and concepts, identify opportunities visually, and distill them into actionable direction in collaboration with our team.
- Technical expertise with at least one prototyping / wireframing tool (Basalmiq, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Foundation, etc.)
- Expertise in using color, style, web typography, information design, motion design and visual hierarchy to clarify data, indicate relationships, and hint at behaviours.
- Attention to detail: interaction details, empty states, error states, etc.
- Strong copywriting skills.
Additionally, the following skills would be assets:
- Professional graphic / visual / typographic design ability (bonus points: has read The Elements of Typographic Style or equally relevant books).
- Ability to compellingly present work to others. Strong creative communication and listening skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 Web Apps. Expert HTML, SASS knowledge is excellent, and advanced development knowledge would certainly impress.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter detailing your experiences with past interaction and design projects to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We promote a safe, flexible, and welcoming work environment for everyone. Please contact us if you have any questions.
If you’re CREATIVE, CURIOUS, UNIQUE and TALENTED, then you could be exactly what we are looking for at Weever Apps.
Located in the trendy Durand neighbourhood of downtown Hamilton, Weever Apps is a creative office that is exploding with new and exciting projects. Our office is awesome, our staff is hilarious, and our industry is limitless. We encourage new ideas and career development. We offer full benefits and competitive wages. Our team is the best of the best, and we never let them forget it. Check out our new downtown office location! https://goo.gl/maps/AVop6cwmfFv
We have established a long list of high end international clients including (but not limited to): Xerox, Bell Canada, 3M, Irving Oil, GE, etc.
About our work
We believe in bringing our clients’ operations into the digital age. We believe that smartphones are an untapped resource in the workplace and intend to be an integral part of redefining our phones’ potential by inventing modern and convenient operational apps and real-time management dashboards.
About the job
Our developers bring our clients needs to life. They use their experience and creativity to build custom applications specific to the clients’ needs using our scalable, patented framework. They also offer creative solutions to complex problems.
Requirements for the successful candidate include:
- Understanding of HTML5 standards
- Knowledge and experience with version control systems
- Experience with Angular JS, Meteor, Backbone, Sencha or similar JS frameworks
- Some experience programming in PHP
- Creative architecture and solutions experience
- Experience with NodeJS framework
- Experience working with MySQL, NoSQL/Mongo, CouchDB, PostgreSQL and other database systems
- Experience with administration and maintenance of Linux servers
- Experience working with PhoneGap/Cordova/Sencha
- Experience with TDD, automated testing and CI deployments
- Advanced knowledge in HTML5 and CSS3, SASS, etc.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions – we hope to hear from you soon!