1. Purpose and categories of data
Categories of personal information to be collected and the purpose for which the categories shall be used.
1.1 We use your data for the following purpose:
Contact - Through phone, mail, email and/or webforms
The following categories of data is collected
- A first and last name
- An email address
- Professional or employment-related information
1.2 We use your data for the following purpose:
- Compiling and analyzing statistics for website improvement.
The following categories of data is collected
- Internet activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
2. Sharing with other parties
We do not share data with third parties.
We disclose personal information if we are required by law or by a court order, in response to a law enforcement agency, to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information, or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
3. How we respond to Do Not Track signals
Our website responds to and supports the Do Not Track (DNT) header request field. If you turn DNT on in your browser, those preferences are communicated to us in the HTTP request header, and we will not track your browsing behaviour.
We have concluded a data processing agreement with Google.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
6. Data Retention
We retain the personal information that is provided to us for such periods as we believe is useful, or as may be required by contract , law or regulation. In some cases, we may choose to retain certain personal information in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
7. Data Storage
Personal information provided to Weever Apps is stored in the United States. However, in the course of providing services, it may be transferred to and processed by staff or service providers operating in Canada. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, order fulfillment, payment processing and the provision of professional and support services.
Website and other personal information that we collect via our Website or other means may be transferred to, stored and processed at various locations around the world, by staff who work for us or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, providing demos, managing contests or other promotions and making hiring decisions on behalf of Weever Apps.
8. Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
9. Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
10. Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person. We shall provide the requested information only upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request. You can contact us by using the information below.
10.1 You have the following rights with respect to your personal data
- You may submit a request for access to the data we process about you.
- You may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you.
- You may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant. Where appropriate, the amended information shall be transmitted to third parties having access to the information in question.
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. You will be informed of the implications of such withdrawal.
- You have the right to address a challenge concerning non-compliance with PIPEDA to our organization and, if the issue is not resolved, to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- We shall give access to personal information in an alternative format to an individual with a sensory disability who has a right of access to personal information under PIPEDA and who requests that it be transmitted in the alternative format if (a) a version of the information already exists in that format; or (b) its conversion into that format is reasonable and necessary in order for the individual to be able to exercise rights.
Our website is not designed to attract children and it is not our intent to collect personal data from children under the age of consent in their country of residence. We therefore request that children under the age of consent do not submit any personal data to us.
Depending on the situation, Weever Apps may obtain consent to the collection of personal information in different ways. Express consent may be obtained verbally, online or in writing. Implied consent may be obtained through when you directly contact us via email or web form to obtain information, inquire about or request services from us. We will indicate when your consent is a condition of obtaining a service.
13. Policy Changes
This Policy was last updated on March 12, 2020.
This Policy may be updated from time to time to reflect changes to our personal information practices. The revised Policy will be posted on this Website. We encourage you to periodically check this Policy to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version.
14. Contact details
Weever Apps Inc.
203 MacNab St S, Hamilton, ON L8P 3C8
Toll free phone number: 1 (800) 299-0623
Phone number: 1 (800) 299-0623
We have appointed a contact person for the organization’s policies and practices and to whom complaints or inquiries can be forwarded:
Andrew J. Holden
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)